µo·s¸ÜÃD
¥´¦L

Server upgrade

Server upgrade

A server upgrade is planned by the end of July 2010. This upgrade is necessary to improve the forum experience of all Garden members. Its a fact that both communities, Cottage and Garden are growing each day. Due to this server upgrade both Cottage and Garden will be offline for max 48h.

More info will follow when its time.

again!?
it seems like it was upgrated not long be4 bor

¤¤¤åª©

¦øªA¾¹¤É¯Å­pµe 2010 ¦~ 7 ¤ëµ²§ô¡C¦¹¤É¯Å¦³¥²­n§ï¶i©Ò¦³ªá¶é¦¨­ûªº½×¾Â¸gÅç¡C¨ä¨Æ¹ê°ó©Mªá¶é¨âªÀ°Ï¦¨ªøªº¨C¤@¤Ñ¡C¥Ñ©ó¨ì¦¹¦øªA¾¹¤É¯Å¨â°ó©Mªá¶é±N³B©óÂ÷½uª¬ºA¡A³Ìªøªº 48 ¤p®É¡C
§ó¦hªº¸ê°T±N«ö·Ó®É¥¦ªº®É¶¡
­ø¤Ó©ú?? §Y¬O¨â¤é­ø¤W±o‘Á

I will be waiting for you with a longing heart~

It's good that both forum is keep improving and upgrading. We have many members now and hope the new server will help us to run smoothly.
i like new stuff. yeah!

Cottage and Garden¤@°_¤É级¡H
¯u¥¿ªº"¯Â"¨Ã¤£¬O³æ¯Â,¨Ã¤£¬O¹ï©P¾DªºÀI´c¤@µL©Òª¾.¦Ó¬O¦b¬ÝºÉ¦UºØ­WÃø»PÁà´c«á,¤´µM«O¯dµÛ·íªìªºµ½¨}»P¯Â¯u,°í¦uµÛ¦Û¤vªº­ì«h

¤W¦¸°±咗¦¨­Ó§«ôµL±o¤W,©O¦ü­ø·|¤S«YËݧr¸Ü?- -

§Æ±æ³Ì¦h¯u«Y±o¨â¤é°Õ

¤Þ¥Î:
­ì©«¥Ñ yuetwah ©ó 2010-7-3 03:40 µoªí
again!?
it seems like it was upgrated not long be4 bor
You're wrong, what Garden had a couple months ago was just a server move to a dedicated server(tho it sure is an improvement compared to the previous shared hosting :P ). The current server has been running for almost 2 years now since its first boot up. So its time to change it with a more powerful one.
Servers are usual write off within 3 years. We'll be switching over to an Intel Xeon Quad Core server.
¤Þ¥Î:
­ì©«¥Ñ wjc93 ©ó 2010-7-3 07:45 µoªí
Cottage and Garden¤@°_¤É级¡H
Garden has recently joined Cottage on the same dedicated server. That's why both will get the upgrades.

A couple of hours for the data transfer and 24-48h for the DNS propagation... Nothing that I can do about.

this is how INTERNET works:
1) VISITOR request to view a website by URL in a browser.
2) BROWSER sent request to the nearest DNS server (there are only about 53 DNS servers worldwide).
3) DNS SERVER checks URL and compare it with the server ip where the website is located
4) DNS SERVER translate URL into an IP address
5) DNS SERVER pass data to VISITOR with location of the server (ip).
6) VISITOR goes to the correct server to access the website

But when you change server, you're also changing IP, its like when you're moving somewhere else. You have to change phone number too.
So it takes time to update all worldwide DNS servers with the new information. Otherwise the visitor will be sent to the OLD server instead of the NEW server.

So you can compare the DNS server with a phonebook.

µo·s¸ÜÃD